Co-located Events at the ISoLA Week:
- STRESS 2012 - International School on Tool-based Rigorous Engineering of Software Systems
- RERS Greybox Challenge 2012 - 2nd Challenge on Regular Extrapolation of Reactive Systems
- SEW 2012 - 35th IEEE Software Engineering Workshop
- Graduate/Postgraduate Course on "Soft Skills for IT Professionals in Science and Engineering"
- FRCSS 2012 - 2nd Future Research Challenges for Software and Services
- Bioscientific Data Processing and Modeling
- Learning Techniques for Software Verification and Validation
- Model-Based Testing and Model Inference
- Quantitative Modelling and Analysis
- Software Aspects of Robotic Systems
- Runtime Verification: the application perspective
- Approaches for Mastering Change
- Timing Constraints: Theory Meets Practice
- Adaptable and Evolving Software for Eternal Systems
- LearnLib Tutorial: From finite automata to register interface programs
- The ITSy Day 2012
- Process-oriented geoinformation systems and applications
- Handling heterogeneity in formal developments of hardware and software systems
- Formal Methods for Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Linux Driver Verification
- Processes and data integration in the networked healthcare
(TU Dortmund, D)
(Univ. Potsdam, D)
The ISoLA 2012 symposium will take place in Amirandes Resort – 5* , Crete. Participants may take advantage of the special rates the conference has secured for accommodation in the hotel. On-line reservation is available through the conference registration page www.easyconferences.org(1).
Heraklion International Airport, "Nikos Kazantzakis" is the primary airport on the island of Crete, Greece. It is located about 5km from the main city of Heraklion. It is the country's second busiest airport after Athens International Airport, serving Heraklion, Aghios Nikolaos, Malia, Hersonissos, Stalida, elounda and other resorts. It is served by all the major airlines (Lufthansa, BA, KLM, Air France) and from all the major European hubs on a daily basis. Low-cost airlines like EasyJet and Germanwings connect it on a frequent basis to many additional locations in Europe. Hersonissos is located about 20 kilometres from Heraklion Airport. Transfers to the conference site will be arranged from/to it. Your flight number will be requested in the registration form. Transfers will be by either bus, minibus or taxi.
Book your flights to the ISoLA online at www.austrian.com and save 15 % on all applicable fares! To do so, simply enter the following code in the eVoucher field on the Austrian homepage booking-engine:
Booking period: until October 19th, 2012
Valid for flights to Athens via Vienna and return as of October 4th, 2012 until October 26th, 2013 (final date for return flight) on Austrian operated flights and OS flight numbers with code share partners.
You find here and here information on the central sites (like the Knossos Palace), mythology and history, main towns and villages, but also weather, banks, transportation, entertainment, food and drinks.
The weather in Crete is characterized by mild, rainy winters and hot, dry summers. The climate of Crete is a temperate Mediterranean climate In October it is mostly sunny, very few windy days but some rain will fall, especially in the west part of Crete. The weather is very good for outdoor activities. Warm clothes are rarely necessary.
The average weather around the conference dates:
|Mean max. temperature (°C (F))||23,4 (78,8)|
|Mean min. temperature (°C (F))||16,5 (60.8)|
|Mean num. of raindays||1|
|Mean daily sunshine duration hours||6,24’|
|Average sea temperature (°C)||22|
The unit of currency is the Euro.
Currency exchange calculator
Greece is part of the European Union and adheres to the Schengen Treaty. Please visit the site of the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs to find out whether a visa is required for your country, and how to obtain it. Letters of invitations for the registered participants can be issued by the conference General Chair.
Electricity in Greece is 220V.