Hotel reservation is done individually. There are plenty of hotels in Potsdam and Berlin that are easily reachable from our campus, which is located very close to a metro station ("S-Bahnhof" in German) called Griebnitzsee. By "S-Bahn", it takes about 7 minutes (two stops) from the conference site to Potsdam's main station called Potsdam Hauptbahnhof. The station in between Griebnitzsee and Potsdam Hauptbahnhof is called Babelsberg. The duration to Berlin depends on where to go; frequent connections are available (except from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m., approximately). If you'd like to check connections beforehand, use the local public transport website, where you can query for connections between your address and Griebnitzsee station.
Hotels may grant discounts to visitors of the University of Potsdam, but we cannot provide any guarantees on that. Feel free to quote attendance of LPNMR'09 hosted by the University of Potsdam when making your hotel reservation.
We can recommend the following nearby hotels from past experience:
- The avendi Hotel am Griebnitzsee is closest to the conference site, in less than 5 minutes walking distance.
- The Filmhotel "Lili Marleen" (their website in German) is easily reachable by "S-Bahn", in walking distance of Babelsberg station.
- The Kongresshotel Potsdam can be reached by bus, tram, or regional train from Potsdam Hauptbahnhof.
For more alternatives, you can check one of the various hotel booking websites. To get a quick overview of hotels around Potsdam, you can query Google maps with "Potsdam Germany Hotel".
For students and price-conscious attendees, the various youth hostels around Potsdam and Berlin could be worth taking a look at. Here are a few options:
- The Jugendherberge Potsdam (their website in German) is is easily reachable by "S-Bahn", in walking distance of Babelsberg station.
- The Jugendhaus Siebenschläfer is is easily reachable by "S-Bahn", in walking distance of Babelsberg station.
- The Quartier can be reached by bus or tram from Potsdam Hauptbahnhof.