Torsten Schaub received his diploma and dissertation in informatics in 1990 and 1992, respectively, from the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany, and his habilitation in informatics in 1995 from the University of Rennes I, France. From 1990 to 1993 he was a research assistant at the Technical University at Darmstadt. From 1993 to 1995, he was a research associate at IRISA/INRIA at Rennes. From 1995 to 1997, he was University Professor at the University of Angers. Since 1997, he is University Professor for knowledge processing and information systems at the University of Potsdam. In 1999, he became Adjunct Professor at the School of Computing Science at Simon Fraser University, Canada; and since 2006 he is also an Adjunct Professor in the Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems at Griffith University, Australia. Since 2012, Torsten Schaub is a fellow of ECCAI. His research interests range from the theoretic foundations to the practical implementation of methods for reasoning from incomplete, inconsistent, and evolving information, in particular Answer set programming.
For contacting me, consult my Information Page or send email to torsten(at)cs.uni-potsdam.de .
- Answer set programming
- Automated reasoning
- Belief change
- Knowledge representation and reasoning
- Logic programming
- Nonmonotonic reasoning
- Preference handling
- Publications (or visit the Computer Science Bibliography Server or Google Scholar)
- Potassco, the Potsdam Answer Set Solving Collection, bundling tools for Answer Set Programming developed at the University of Potsdam.
- Book: The Automation of Reasoning with Incomplete Information
- Book: Inconsistency Tolerance (with Leopoldo Bertossi and Anthony Hunter)
- NEW Book: Answer Set Solving in Practice (with Martin Gebser, Roland Kaminski, and Benjamin Kaufmann)
- Courses (in German)
- Teaching Answer Set Programming
- >>>NEW<<< International MSc program Cognitive Systems: Language, Learning and Reasoning (@UP; Google+ Contact)
- Book: Wissensrepräsentation und Inferenz (in German; with Wolfgang Bibel and Steffen Hölldobler)
- Make a note of ECAI'14 in your calendar!
- Join me in visiting Rüsselsheim, Darmstadt, Rennes, Angers, Potsdam, and lately Werder (in historical order) !
- The comments.sty latex style!
- ... and even profs do it !
- Our lovely labs!
- An appointment slot (This is a beta test :))